During many years bath tub/shower and shower fiberglass walls got blemishes, rust stains, calcium build-up, scratches, cracks, soap residues. There are couple options to fix that.
Option one would be total replacement of bath tub/shower and walk in shower fiberglass units with new ones. It would be impractical and expensive solution, because we would need to remove some of drywall, framing, fiberglass doors, due to the limited space in the bathroom. Another problem is access to plumbing pipes. That also needs shower backside drywall removal. All these works raises total price.
We would like to suggest you another solution. It?s bath tub/shower remodeling instead of replacement. This process is called Kott Koating. It uses KV40 Glazes. KV40 Glazes are the only glazes in the world that have been tested by the International Surveillace Government agency throught their toxicological labaratory callled Contox. The Kott Koatings glazes were found to be both safe and Non-Toxic and do not contain any carcinogens that can cause cancer as with urethane type paints.
The Kott Koatings re-glazing process does not use the acid etching system that others use to try to get their paints to stick to surface. Only Kott Koatings has the KV40 Glazes that were designed specifically for porcelain refinishing. The Kott Koatings system will bond directly to most any hard surface.Kott Koatings process can actually restore worn bathroom fixture such as bathtubs, sincs, ceramic tile walls, fiberglass surfaces without removing the item. All work on location is done without disturbing the walls, floors or plumbing fixtures surrounding that fixture.
The Kott Koating process allows restore these worn fixtures in a matter of hours, not days or weeks with tearing out the same fixture and putting a new one in. Minimal downtime, minimal debris, virtually no inconvenience. The low cost and short downtime are two of the greatest assets.
- Clean the fixture such as a shower or tub combo
- Wash with K6 calcium remover. This process takes about an hour and removes all the built up calcium accumulated throughout the years of usage
- Wash with K5 oil and soap remover. This process also takes about an hour and removes all oils from soaps, shampoos, sun-tan lotions, etc. Your unit is now sanitized and super clean
- Remove all dried or loose grout
- Remove all the fixture such as spouts, handles, shower heads
- Repair any rust, chips or gouges with permanent bonding materials or fiberglass application
- Tape and hang plastic sheeting in the room to contain the spray to only what we want to be coated
- Spray the unit with several layers of the KV40
- Close the door and wait for three days. This allows for KV40 to 'cure' and bond permanently to the surface of the unit.
- After the 'curing' process we return to remove all of the protective materials, grout if necessary, replace with cleaned or new fixtures and leave the unit looking brand new.
Existing shower faucet and drain trim would be replaced with new standard ?MOEN CHATEAU? chrome finish fixtures. Same work on tub in guest bathroom. Shower and tub will look like new after restoration.
There is possibility to choose coating from variety of colors or create your own custom color.
Do not use any abrasive cleaners such as "Comet", "Ajax", steel wool or scrubbing pads. Use only clear cleaners such as "Joy", "Mr. Bubbles", "Soft Scrub" or "Lysol Bathroom Cleaner".
Examples after remodeling: